The Barton County Historical Society Museum & Village lets you take a fascinating walk into the past. The Village is located on a five-acre tract of land that is south of Great Bend.
Nine buildings are part of the Village including an 1871 Pioneer Rock Home, an 1898 Church, a 1910 Depot, a 1915 School House, a small Post Office, two Museum Buildings and an Agriculture Building. The Village has a Wood-vane Windmill which pumps fresh water.
Also of interest in the Museum area are a variety of displays including:
- Santa Fe Trail Display and video presentation
- Indian Artifacts. Kansas anthropology panoramas from the 100 B.C. Palezoic Period to the 1872 Santa Fe Crossing
- A collection of 300 dolls dating from 1850
- Wedding dress collection – along with infant and adult clothing
- Lace Display, quilt and sewing room
- Blacksmith Shop